Search results

1. jughead

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 NHL

I made six plays in the first couple weeks of the season, going 1-5 (ouch). Four of the losers were dogs, two chalk plays I was laying -125, risking 1 unit on each. Updated record is 1-5, -4.2 units. Playing the Jets today, risking 2 units at -124 (Pinnacle). Jets and Ducks have already...
  2. jughead

Wk 5, WPG at SSK

SSK is undefeated at 3-0 and all three wins were at home against BC, HAM and OTT (combined record 4-11 SU). It's not like WPG has played a star-studded list of opponents either, but their D has held 3 of 4 offenses to less than 20 points. RB Harris looked good in his debut last week and...
  3. jughead

Round 1, Day 2

Booked three series bets for Round 1 as well as a flat bet for today. Flat bet: NYI +116 Series x 3 NYI +128 WPG +175 MTL +260 GLTA
  4. jughead

Sens at Jets tonight (May 8)

The Sens are 3-18 away off a home win the past few years. Winnipeg is off a win that ended a LONG, painful losing streak. Helly confirmed (& I know WPG has clinched), but faves like this are 36-14 (72%) including 17-3 off a road game. I'm playing the Jets for a unit. Ottawa gave the Jets...
  5. jughead

Sunday, April 25, 2021 NHL

Early’ish one today, Bruins at Pens. Like this spot for Boston (-120). Road faves with a rest advantage, off a loss that followed an extended hot streak. SDQL database history = 28-8 (78%) Bruins = 6-0 in this spot. Faves of at least -115 = 25-3 (89%) Swayman vs. Jarry in net and both...
  6. jughead

Thursday, April 8, 2021 NHL

Thursday, April 8, 2021 NHL Seven plays today; going large in terms of quantity but not wager size. Risking 1 unit per play. CAR -136 FLA at CAR UN 6 +107 PGH TT OV 2.5 -150 BOS at WSH OV 5.5 -118 PHI at NYI OV 5.5 -123 WPG at MTL UN 6 -118 NSH -153 Bet heavy and sleep in the...
  7. jughead

Saturday Pucks: Nux at Jets

Late night NHL... Playing the Jets -118 and the OVER 6.5 -108 (half-unit plays). These are my teams. Jets have been flying, Nux need to up their game after cruising past Sens. GLTA
  8. jughead

NFL CC Sunday picks

Game day, and I've got three plays booked. My early numbers this week pointed towards the underdog in both matchups, and the "Over" in Green Bay. As usual, the challenge was trying to find the best lines, keeping an eye on line movement, public percentages, weather and injury reports. In the...
  9. jughead

Wild Card Weekend, 2020-21

Hey guys, how good is 'six Wild Card games'?!?!?! I made five flat bets, one ML parlay and a teaser to spice up the weekend. Flat bets; Wild Card Weekend: 1. LAR at SEA -4 -109 2. BLT at TEN OV 54 -108 3. IND at BUF OV 51 -112 4. CHI at NOR UN 47 5. BLT -3 -113 at TEN Wild Card...
  10. jughead

Flat bet for Stars vs. Avs + Series bets

Round 2 NHL Playoffs! Record through Qualifier/Round 1 sits at 5-6 (-1.56 units). First play for me in this round is on the Colorado Avalanche team total to go "Over" 3.5 goals at +135 (BetCris). GLTA Series bets have not gone well for me in first two rounds. Too much faith in the Jets at...
  11. jughead

Round 1 Adjusted Series Bets; Futures

After what I’ve seen through the first couple weeks, I decided to load up on a couple of series bets and futures. CGY vs. DAL The Flames were -120 to win the series at the outset and then it went to -110 after the series drew even at 1-1. CGY has a 13-12 edge in scoring this series and the two...
  12. jughead

Sunday, August 16, 2020 NHL

Final record for the opening round = 4-5 (-1.45 units). Considering that I started off 0-4, I’m happy with this result. PHI vs. MTL When two teams are each sitting four playoff wins, you would normally assume that it’s Game 1 of the second round. It’s not the case in this year’s playoffs...
  13. jughead

Real Round 1 Matchups, Odds

The traditional first round of the playoffs is set to get underway on Tuesday. FWIW, I thought the qualifying round was good times. Yeah, my Jets lost and my two series picks on WPG/MIN both lost, but it was great to have hockey back. Here are the matchups, series prices and odds for the...
  14. jughead

Saturday, August 8, 2020 NHL

The No. 1 seed in each conference is on the line today. Knights vs. Avs (-120), for right to face Hawks. Flyers vs. Bolts (-140) for right to face Habs. So far in playoffs, teams with the highest win percentages in regular season have played 3 overs and 9 unders. Average total was 5.5 and...
  15. jughead

Thursday, August 6, 2020 NHL

Rough start for me in these playoffs, now at 0-4 for -4.13 units. Sitting on Jets and Wild for series plays and believe me, I’d like to load up on WPG tonight at +140 but don’t want to fall into the trap of putting good money after bad. Especially with the status of Scheifele and Laine unknown...
  16. jughead

Wednesday, August 5, 2020 NHL

I’ve posted two dog bets thus far in the qualifying round and missed on both. Taking a couple more shots tonight. TB at BOS, 4 pm ET start Both of these teams have great records at home and away, so neutral site should be a good look at who’s coming into form. Bruins have a ton of playoff...
  17. jughead

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 NHL

Last minute play; decided to take a flyer with the Yotes +127 (BC). Dogs have consistently made money in the playoffs the past three seasons and the Yotes showed some flash in game 1. Don’t see why they can’t pull another upset here. Since the start of last season, Yotes are 4-2 against the...
  18. jughead

Monday, August 3, 2020 MLB

What a way to spend a rainy August Monday... sports all day! Booked one from MLB LAD at SD Like the pitching matchup (Buehler's over Paddock) and LAD have a better pen. Dodgers have allowed 0.5 RPG in the final three innings (3rd) vs. SD, who have allowed 2.2 (26th). Also, Dodgers have had...
  19. jughead

Sunday, August 2, 2020 NHL: MIN vs. VAN Series play

Lost my flat bet on the Jets last night. Looking at Wild vs. Nux series and decided to keep it simple and go with a series play. MIN were 8-3 their past 11 before the break. They have playoff experience on the roster but haven’t done all that well. VAN has some speed and they had a good start...
  20. jughead

NHL Playoffs: Jets vs. Flames

So many variables in these first two rounds but as a Jets fan, I can’t pass up the opportunity to back them in the opening series at plus-money. Game 1, playing Jets +117 for 1 unit Series bet: Jets +112 (Bet Cris) for 2.5 units Smaller play: Jets in 5 at +300 (SIA) for a half-unit Go...