Boxing July 16; Wilder vs Arreola-WBC Heavyweight Title, PBC on FOX

Beersteve

Deontay Wilder (36-0; 35 KO, 30 years old) vs Chris Arreola (36-4-1, 35 years old)

I've been skeptical in the past of Wilder, his resume is paved in tin cans, though he did box well vs Stiverne to win the WBC strap. Chris Arreola stepped in to replace Alexander Povetkin after Povetkin failed a disputed drug test. Arreola has fought twice for a title, losing both, one to Vitali Klitschko who made him quit on the stool after 10, and the other by Stiverne by KO6. Arreola has always been a bit limited on the talent side of things but his heart is unquestioned. He fought Stiverne in their first fight with a broken nose after round one. He's had trouble with weight and conditioning in the past, but appears in decent shape for him. I am going to gamble that Arreola has enough heart and veteran savvy to survive vs Wilder past the halfway point of the 6th round.

Wilder could very well blow him out of the water in the first round, but I think Wilder will be a little timid to start, as Arreola still possesses good power.

Fight goes O 5.5 rounds +150 1*

GL

EE Sam

Administrator
Nice call Beersteve. Arreola had guts to make it through rd 4. This heavyweight division is finally shaping up to be entertaining for the next few years.