Boxing Sept 15; Canelo vs GGG

Beersteve

I think this fight will go very similar to their first fight. Canelo coming out strong to start, winning most of the early rounds, and then gassing out at the midway point. From there GGG will start his stalking again, backing Canelo into the ropes for some scoring rallies. Canelo will probably get a second wind again late in the fight and try to steal some of the later rounds, but I think GGG is going to make sure he banks enough to avoid having the fight taken away from him. Both fighters possess big power but both carry great chins, I believe this fight goes the distance again.

So I'm taking my shot with

Golovkin by decision +190 2*

GL and enjoy the fight!

EE Sam

Administrator
Beersteve, you were robbed like I was in the first fight. I commend Canelo for coming forward and he really through off GGG. However, GGG turned the fight on it's head and I scored it 115-113. Great 10th round by both guys.

I'd say +150 for a third fight and -130 for no more.

Beersteve

Haha Sam, what's funny is I scored it 115-113 Canelo. I thought the fight turned out pretty much like I thought, except it took a little longer for GGG to get going than I expected. He looked gassed midway through the fight. He finished strong like I thought he would but in all honesty I think he's starting to show signs of slippage. He's lost a bit of speed and his punches don't thump like they did even 2-3 years ago. That being said, I loved the fight. I love the rivalry. With a fight universally described as close I don't think it was a robbery. All I know is will gladly see these guys go at it again.