Hedge or Let It Ride NCAA Finals

EE3401

Loooong time lurker first time posting.
Need some help/opinions from some of you great cappers on this forum. I am holding a future on the Zags to win it all at 9-1 placed in November. Payout at 9000.

Q - Hedge & Stake
- Baylor +4.5?
- Baylor ML?
- Ride It?
Your opinions are appreciated!!

EE3401

1sob

IMO Zags wins it all.
if you want lay $2k plus 4.5 that way you win $1k if Baylor wins outright and hopefully it lands in the middle you profit 11k

Reactions: og

Seymour24

Don't have much experience hedging but you are in a great spot! Don't think I'd let it ride though, I like Gonzaga but I could see ways Baylor can win...get some profit if Baylor wins...good luck!

Double B

Personally I'd bet to win $1,000 on Baylor +4.5. That way you can hit the middle... and worst case is you are even. You definitely don't want to go this far with the Zags to end up being down a thousand. MY two cents, good luck
BB

1sob

Personally I'd bet to win $1,000 on Baylor +4.5. That way you can hit the middle... and worst case is you are even. You definitely don't want to go this far with the Zags to end up being down a thousand. MY two cents, good luck
BB
I agree but why only bet $1k that would be break even if you want to make sure you will bet up bet $2K and be up $1K guaranteed if Baylor wins

Ohara

If you are trying for a "BIG" Score, sure go ahead, bet Baylor + pts and hope for a middle.
In the scenario that seems to be most popular, a 2k wager on baylor +4'; If Baylor Wins outright, net win is $1000 Zags Win ATS, net win is $6800
But if you buy back the ML+170 you could wager 3.5K and if Baylor Wins outright, Net 4950, If Zags win ATS Net 5500
Seriously friends, If you indeed like the Zags, cover your bet with a ML buyback and you take home a nice pot no matter who wins.
That said, the game will probably stay within the nice 4' pt middle and you all can BOOO me.
But in my gambling world, I'll take the SURE thing, everytime.
JMHO

GuardDawg30

If you are trying for a "BIG" Score, sure go ahead, bet Baylor + pts and hope for a middle.
In the scenario that seems to be most popular, a 2k wager on baylor +4'; If Baylor Wins outright, net win is $1000 Zags Win ATS, net win is $6800
But if you buy back the ML+170 you could wager 3.5K and if Baylor Wins outright, Net 4950, If Zags win ATS Net 5500
Seriously friends, If you indeed like the Zags, cover your bet with a ML buyback and you take home a nice pot no matter who wins.
That said, the game will probably stay within the nice 4' pt middle and you all can BOOO me.
But in my gambling world, I'll take the SURE thing, everytime.
JMHO
This right here. You could even just lay two dimes on the money line and still come out a head. I also agree with 1sob if you want to try and middle it. I think each are viable options depending on the situation. Personally if this was me in the situation I am going to shop around for the best money line and bet it. Just my 2¢. Best of luck tonight and let us know what you decided to play.

EE3401

Great opinions from all you long time cappers.
Much appreciated to all replied 🙏.
Very interesting takes with different angles.
I have been thinking about it a lot and many times over the years of wagering, remembering with some parlay wagers waiting on the last game "damn i should have let it ride" or "damn i should have hedged" or "damn i should have cashed it in".
Well, after alot of thoughts, i have decided (sitting currently at 6-1 odds) to cashed out at 6000 profit and enjoy the game tonight.
I can make more but i can risk all with nothing returned or i can walk away with a very good ROI.

Thank uou all for your opinions and for those have wagers on the game toningt... BOL.

EE3401

1sob

Great opinions from all you long time cappers.
Much appreciated to all replied 🙏.
Very interesting takes with different angles.
I have been thinking about it a lot and many times over the years of wagering, remembering with some parlay wagers waiting on the last game "damn i should have let it ride" or "damn i should have hedged" or "damn i should have cashed it in".
Well, after alot of thoughts, i have decided (sitting currently at 6-1 odds) to cashed out at 6000 profit and enjoy the game tonight.
I can make more but i can risk all with nothing returned or i can walk away with a very good ROI.

Thank uou all for your opinions and for those have wagers on the game toningt... BOL.

EE3401
Nice profit

Ohara

Cashing out? 6-1 odds? Im curious.....how did you go from 1000 invested on Gonzaga to a 6000 Profit on a Baylor SU win?

EE3401

I think some books offer an early guaranteed payoff at lower odds than the original bet.
You're correct SGR.
Bet365 offered a 6-1 payoff prior tip time on my future wager and I took it.

OHARA
I should have used the word payoff rather payout which had caused confusion hence your question. I didn't hedge but took the profit before tip off.

EE3401

Good Call, it brought the best results possible. Thanks for the response, I was confused about a hedge that didnt occur.
Thanks Ohara!
And much appreciate for your opinions along with other great cappers inputs!!!.
Gave some ideas for me to re-evaluate to make the decision on the future play.

Keep up the great work everyone and BOL.