by Greg Dempson
Injuries always factor into the line as the odds makers always make adjustments. The Jazz line was adjusted last night and the Clippers were favored at -9 last night vs. a line of -7 in game one. The Clippers won, (99-91,) but didn’t cover the -8.5 or -9 points. Two injuries come into play tonight and it has been revealed that Nurkic, (won sat out their final seven contests,) won’t go for Portland but the status ofDurant, who missed the final 19 games of the regular season with a strained knee, before returning in game one is unknown as of this report.
The Numbers Game
- Portland was very competitive in game one in the first half as the two teams were tied at 56-56 going into the locker room. The Trailblazers also managed to hang tough in the second half and grab the full game cover as well.
- I looked back at their last dozen half time scores.
- Tonight’s first half line has Golden State favored by 9 points. Here is a listing of their last 11 games with the first half scores with the Warriors score noted first, (56-56,) (53-50,) (71-69,) (70-45,) (59-53,) (58-63,) (57-67,) (45-58,) (51-59,) (65-56,) and (63-61.)
- Of those 11 prior games, the Warriors won by more than 9 points in the first half in only one game.
First Half System
- After losing two of their last three games, play on well rested road teams in the first half when playing 6 or less games in 14 days.This system is 292-208 = 58.4% ATS and +63.20-units. That is a great success rate for five seasons with over 500 occurrences. The average first half score in this system has been 51.7 vs. 51.1.
Everyedge.com in Review
- Last night’s pick lost with but a tick or two left in the first half as the Raptors won by 3 when laying 4 points with Milwaukee making a late 2. My record in the NBA and College at Every Edge is 15-16 ATS.