by Greg Dempson
To say that San Francisco is a giant disappointment this season would be an understatement as they road woes continued last night losing (9-0,) in the first of four games at SunTrust Park. The Giants are 5-15 in their last 20 as well as 12-28 on the road. Matt Moore get the start for ‘Frisco and he has been abysmal on the road this season as he/Team is 1-7 away from home in eight starts and his ERA is 9.25, WHIP of 2.109 allowing 38 earned runs in 37 innings pitched with 59 hits, (7 homers,) while walking 19 vs. 32 strikeouts. In Moore’s last two road starts he pitched only 7 innings allowing 17 hits and 12 earned runs.
The Braves counter with Julio Teheran who has fared better at home in his last two starts allowing only one earned runs in 12 innings vs. allowing 26 runs in his first 4 home starts. Teheran is 2-2 with an ERA of 3.99 and a WHIP of 1.330 in five career starts against the Giants.
· The Braves are 9-2 in their last 11 at home vs. a leftie.
· Moore is 06-20 and -14.90-units against the money line in night games during the last two seasons.
· Atlanta is 16-09 and +10.30-units against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
· The Giants are 11-25 and -15.80-units against the money line when the M/L is + or -125 this season.
· The Braves are 23-14 and +16.70-units vs. the money line after six consecutive games vs. division rivals the last two seasons.
Everyedge.com in Review
· My last selection on the Yankees and Athletics over 8.5 runs was a winner and I’m 7-8-1 with this season’s MLB offerings and -0.71-units.
My Everyedge.com wagered on selection for tonight is on the Atlanta Braves @ -106 on the money line with listed pitchers.