By Greg Dempson
Cleveland Cavaliers at Detroit Pistons
Cleveland has been an under team on the road this season going 08–15–02 to the under as well as 01–15 to the under this season when off a non conference game averaging a combined 187.7 PPG.
The Pistons are +33.60-units to the under with Van Gundy as a coach as long as the O/U is 200 or greater. With the Cavaliers hosting the Spurs tomorrow night I don’t anticipate a lot of scoring in tonight’s game. Here are additional angles and systems that suggest the game stays under the total tonight.
· The Cavaliers are 29–49 to the under the past two seasons when the O/U is 200 or greater.
· The Pistons and Cavaliers have only exceed 208 points in one of their last nine games.
· Cleveland is 04–12 to the under on Friday night’s.
· Detroit is 1–4 to the under in their last five at home vs. the Cavaliers.
· Cleveland’s average road games combined score is 197 points after back-to-back home contests.
· In the second half of the season head coach Van Gundy is 52 – 85 to the under vs. good offensive teams that average 99+ points per game.
· When the O/U is between 200 to 209.5 play Friday night games under the total when each team has a winning straight up record. This system is 06–14 to the under this season as well as 141–234 = 62.4% to the under since 1996 and +78.90-units.
· When one of the teams is winning between 60 to 75% of their games, (Cavs,) the above system is 1–8 to the under this season.
· From game 43 out, play road teams under the total when the O/U is greater than or equal to 200 points in a game involving two up-tempo teams who are averaging 82 or more shots per game when they’re a hot shooting team with two straight games where they’ve made 50% or more of their shots. This system is 25 – 55 = 69% to the under since 1996 as well as 12–28 to the under the past five seasons.
Cavaliers vs Pistons Pick
My NBA Every Edge Game of the Night is for the Cavaliers and Pistons to play under 208 points.