by Greg Dempson
The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas is where these two PAC-12 rivals meet tonight with the ball tipping at 9:00 ET and televised on the PAC-12 network. The Golden Bears struggled towards the end of the season losing five or their final six games at Arizona, Stanford, Utah and Colorado while winning at home against the Beavers and losing when hosting the Ducks. The Golden Bears have made strides in their first two tournament games winning (78-75) vs. the #4 seeded Utah Utes last night as well as a 67-62 victory vs. the #12 seeded Oregon State Beavers. The grease that turns the wheel for the Golden Bears is forward Ivan Rabb. He recorded his 18th double-double of the season Thursday night. However, when matched up in their two regular season games vs. the Ducks Rabb scored only 14 points to go along with 9 boards.
Oregon Ducks had a cake walk in their first tournament game against the #8 seeded Arizona State Sun Devils, (80-57.) They were able to utilize their bench well rotating 11 players so along with that bye they will definitely be the fresher of the two teams. The Ducks swept the regular season series against the Golden Bears winning (86-63 ) at home on January 19 and at Berkley on February 22, (68-65.)
Keeping Your Ducks in a Row
· The Oregon Ducks went 17-02 straight up in Conference play as well as 15-03-01 ATS.
· The Golden Bears were 12-08 in Conference play and 09-10-01 ATS.
· Oregon is 37-14 ATS in their last 51 PAC-12 contests.
· Cal is 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 Neutral site games.
· From game 16 out play against Neutral site teams as an underdog and a dominant rebounding team +6 Rebounds per game when playing against a good rebounding team, +3 to +6 rebounds per game. This system is 75-37 = 67% ATS since 1997.
· Play on Neutral court teams as a favorite or pick when they’re a good 3 point shooting team making 36.5% or more 3’s when playing against an average 3 point shooting team, 32% to 36.5%, after game while allowing a shooting percentage of 33% or less. This system is 34-09 = 79% ATS the past five seasons.
EveryEdge.com in Review
· I won my pick on Michigan to inch closer to 50% at 7-8 ATS with my College and NBA selections.