By Greg Dempson
Kick-off is set for 8:00 ET at Skelly Field, H.A. Chapman Stadium, as the (4–0 at home,) Golden Hurricane host the (0–4 on the road,) Pirates. Tulsa’s moniker is certainly worthy of their “Hurricane” nickname plus their high octane offense is “Golden,” while averaging 49 PPG at home “running” 86 plays per game as a host while the Pirates run an average of 85 offensive plays per game when away from home.
Tulsa is already bowl eligible and have a big game next week vs. Navy while East Carolina must figure out a way to stop their road woes in order to be bowl eligible. East Carolina’s remaining schedule is indeed daunting as they play at home vs. SMU, then host Navy before a season ending game on the road at Temple.
· My last selection on the Utah Utes was a winner improving my Every Edge record to 7–2 ATS in College football.
Up, Up and Away
· Tulsa is 6–0 to the over when off two or more overs averaging a combined 81.3 PPG.
· When the total is 70 points or greater East Carolina is outscored by an average score of 45.7 vs. 37.5 for an average combined score of 83.2 PPG.
· The Golden Hurricane is 13–01 to the over after playing their last game on the road.
· The Pirates are 22–09 to the over following a win by 21 or more points.
· Tulsa is 15–04 to the over against conference opponents.
· East Carolina is 3–1 to the over in their last four at Tulsa.
All Systems Go
· In weeks 10 through 13, and following a straight up win as an underdog, play all teams over the total, (applies to Tulsa,) when the O/U is 70 points or greater. This system is 10–02 = 83% to the over the past three seasons as well as 24–04 = 86% to the over the past five seasons with an average combined score of 81.6 PPG.