By Greg Dempson
This Mountain West contest kicks-off at 10:15 ET and it’s game #153/154 with the Falcons favored by 6 points at the majority of books. The Rams have certainly been playing better of late as they’re 4–0 ATS in their last four,(covering ATS by a combined 78.5 points,) as well as 7–2 ATS on the season. I believe the reason for their success in their last four games is due to the fact the Rams have quarterback Stevens returning under center as an injury forced out former starter Hill. In their four road games their ATS margin is +55 points.
As for the Falcons they do not fare well in their next games after playing a military team, (they faced Army last week.) I note the Falcons are 2–11 ATS in their next game after playing either Navy or Army since 2010.
The Falcons have both quarterbacks hobbled, Arion Worthman is coping with a hamstring injury while Nate Romine, (ankle injury,) is upgraded to probable.
- Last week’s selection on East Carolina/Tulsa over the total lost, my Every Edge College record is 7–3 ATS for the season.
Rocky Mountain Highs
- The Rams are 3–0 ATS in their most recent three vs. the Falcons.
- Air Force is 01–10 ATS when playing against a team winning between 51% to 60% of their games with Calhoun as their head coach.
- Colorado State is 7–1 ATS when playing off a home game.
- The Falcons are is 16–37 ATS and -24.70-units vs. passing defenses that allow 8 or more passing yards per attempt.
- The Rams are 21–08 and +12.20-units vs. dominant ball control teams with a TOP of 32+ minutes and 21+ first downs per game.
All Systems go
- Play on road underdogs with a good offense, averaging 400 or more total yards per game, after outgaining their opponent by 225 or more total yards in their previous game. This system is 78–38 = 67% ATS the past five seasons.
Colorado State at Air Force Pick
My Every Edge college selection is on the Colorado State Rams at +6.