By Greg Dempson
Monday night football is usually reserved for division opponents but occasionally two conference foes meet, such is the case this evening when the Eagles tangle with the Bears at Soldier Field.
These two teams have played one another three times since 2010 with one being a Sunday night game, one a Sunday afternoon affair and the third, a Monday night contest. Those last three meetings between these two teams produced fireworks on the scoreboard! In 2013 the Eagles were 3 point home favorites on a Sunday night and they took the Bears out to the woodshed, 54–11 with the total sailing over the total of 55, (yes 55!) In 2011 they played in Philadelphia on a Monday night and the Bears were catching 8 points and they won that contest 30–24 and that contest sailed over the total of 47.5. They also met in 2010 at Soldier Field on a Sunday afternoon affair and the Bears, (+3,) won 31–26 and that game went well over the number of 42.5.
- The Bears lead the all time series vs. the Eagles 30–12–01.
- Chicago has excelled in stand alone, (prime time games since 2008,) going 5–1 including 4–1 on Monday night.
- Lifetime the Eagles are 13–13 straight up and 16–10 ATS as a road dog on Monday night.
- The Bears are 15–12 straight up and 10–16–01 ATS at home on Monday night.
- Chicago is 9–1 straight up when facing a rookie quarterback.
- We have a conference game tonight with one of the teams coming close to .500 record last season, (the Eagles,) as they won between 40% to 49% of their games. When a team such as Philadelphia plays an opponent who had a losing record last season, (the Bears,) play the two teams to stay under the total in the first half. This system is 06–29 = 83% to the under the past 10 seasons as well as 02–16 = 89% to the under in the first half in the past five seasons.
- Tonight’s first half total is 21.5 points, the average total in this system is 21.5 points with an average combined score of 18.5 first half points.
- In his first road start I’m hoping the Eagles keep rookie QB Wentz under wraps in the first half and also hope Cutler doesn’t throw to the wrong team!
Eagles at Bears Pick
Count me in for a Cajun chicken Caesar Salad and a glass of wine on the under at 21.5 points in the first half.
For additional winning information, systems, angles and Tweets visit www.gregdempson.com.