Recent content by cr8onjr

1. C

Iowa v Michigan

The Hawks travel to the Big House where they haven’t won since 2002. Iowa is coming off a much needed bye week that has allowed most of the knicked to rest, only Jeff Tarpinian seems to be out w/ a nagging stinger. Michigan was brought back to reality by Michigan State last week, as Denard...
  2. C

Iowa Pk @ Arizona

Iowa travels to Tuscon for a 9:30 local time start in the best matchup of the cfb week imo. Line opened Iowa -1 went to -2, and then Dr. Bob dropped a best bet spot on AZ and the line has fallen back to a pick. Iowa 2-0, has come out of the gate strong in both games this yr. Scoring on both...
  3. C

Iowa -13 v Iowa St.

Iowa -13- v Iowa St The Cy-Hawk series renews in Iowa City Sat. Both teams come into the game 1-0, with good performances in their respective openers. I watched ISU on TV, Iowa in person and then again on DVR. Here are my thoughts on both teams. ISU has a Sr. QB Austin Arnaud, who is capable @...
  4. C

Thurs 9-2 action

Iowa St -3- v North Ill. I like the Cyclones to go for over 450 yds offense tonight, and get just enough defense to beat NIU. Arnaud has looked great in camp, and is in 2nd season w/ OC plus A Rob is outstanding rb. NIU will get some yds running but ISU understands the importance of this game...
  5. C

Michigan -8 v Iowa

Very strong rumors going about the Iowa will fire HC Lickliter following the tourney this weekend, which likely will end today. Mich has played Iowa the last 2 yrs. in the same game in the Big 10 tourney and whooped them by an ave. of about 20. Iowa went onthe road last week and lost both games...
  6. C

Iowa +9- @ Northwestern

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Like the Hawks getting nearly DD coming off an 8 day break, which was much needed. Team is encouraged by its recent play although there have been some setbacks. NW zone allows Iowa to shoot its 3 pointers which is...
  7. C

ISU +11 v KU

Taking the Clones and the points. Hilton will be sold out and rocking, KU has not been running it up lately, and Brackins went for 42 last yr. v JHawks. KU 72 ISU 68 glta cr8onjr
  8. C

Texas Tech -3 v ISU

Will ride the Big 12 home team winning record, currently 120-5 SU. Add in the fact that ISU is now down to 7 scholarship players for tonight's game, as Lucca Steiger quit the team yesterday quite unexpectedly to go pro in his homeland of Germany. ISU won @ Neb. Sat but that was the 1st road win...
  9. C

Iowa +4 v Ga Tech

Take w/ a grain of salt, as I'm a homer, but here is why I think Iowa will not only cover, but win the game SU. The key matchup in this game is the GT offense and rushing game v the Iowa defense. Obviously GT runs the "Navy" option game in such a manner that they are in the top 5 in the...
  10. C

Isu +2

Taking the Clones to win this game, as Minn hasn't scored a TD in 3 games. ISU 23 Minn 14 glta cr8onjr
  11. C

Iowa -5- v Drake

Drake has Josh Young and 9 1st yr. players. Iowa has had a week to get something going, and Lickliter is back on the bench. Iowa 62 Drake 50 glta cr8onjr
  12. C

Rutgers -2- v UCF

I'm taking Rutgers -2- v UCF tonight. Really feel like Schiano will have his team ready to play tonight. Rutgers 3-1 under Schiano in bowl games, and IMO have been more regularly tested than UCF. Big East clearly tougher than CUSA and I'll go w/ the Scarlet Knights over the Nedlog Knights in...
  13. C

ISU v Iowa Hoops

ISU -12- v Iowa. ISU has struggled a bit over the last couple weeks, losing to UNI @ home and going to Cal and getting rolled by the Bears, but tonights game sets up very well for the Clones to get back rolling. Iowa comes to Ames following the loss to UNI on Tuesday night 67-50. Then the Hawks...
  14. C

Texas v Iowa

Texas -15- v Iowa in Kansas City. Texas comes in winning their 2 prior games by an average of 35 points most importantly holding both opponents under 42. Iowa goes 1-2 @ home beating Bowling Green last Friday by 22, as they finally started to make some shots. In the 1st 2 games Iowa was under...
  15. C

State of Iowa hoops 11/17/09

2 games of local interest tonight. ISU Pk @ Drake. Over the last 3 yrs. Drake has gotten the better of ISU, however the only returning player from those teams is Sr. guard Josh Young, and he is ?'able w/ a hip pointer. He sat out Drake's opening game loss to UIPUI. Drake has 9 freshman on the...