College Football Plays - Saturday

Jason

Hey everyone. Nice to see a bunch of familiar names posting plays. Hopefully people will keep coming back. Haven‘t posted yet this year as kids activities take up pretty much every weekend. Plus, I always used home field/court advantage pretty significantly in my handicapping, so really wanted to see how things played out for a few weeks. To be honest, I’m still not sure how it all impacts things. I feel like the better teams in the NFL are covering more often, whereas there have been a few more outright underdog winners in college football, but I haven’t validated that. Anyway, I’ll try a few games this week and see how it goes.

ALABAMA -18 OVER TEXAS A&M - 2*

ARKANSAS +17 OVER MISSISSIPPI STATE - 3*

WVU +2.5 OVER BAYLOR - 3*

TCU +11 OVER TEXAS - 2*

GEORGIA -7 OVER ARKANSAS

Okay, here are a few thoughts on each game:

I think Texas A&M and Kellen Mond are both incredibly overrated. Every year people seem to talk about them making the leap to that next level and that Mond could be the next great QB. Well, neither ever seems to happen. They looked really bad against a poor Vandy squad last week. Bama dominated Mizzoo before taking their foot off the gas in the 2nd half. I don’t think A&M will have any answers for Bama’s WRs, and I expect Mond will turn the ball over a few times against a really fast Bama defense. Bama wins 44-17.

Mississippi State coming off a huge upset win as a double digit dog. This is almost an auto-play against situation for me. Everyone is going to see their performance against LSU and assume they will crush an Arkansas team that lost by 27 to Georgia. But Arkansas hung tough in the first half and actually had the lead at halftime before getting smoked in the second half. Leach teams are typically much better in the underdog role than the favorite. I think Arkansas will keep this close throughout. MSU wins 37-33.

i don’t think Baylor is going to be very good this year. They lost a ton of talent from last years team and have a whole new coaching staff. They crushed Kansas in their first game, but everyone crushes Kansas. WVU played pretty tough on the road at Oklahoma State last week. I think they should get the win at home. WVU wins 31-24.

TCU always seems to play Texas tough, I believe covering 5/6 against the Horns. Texas is coming off a tough OT game against Texas Tech where they had to mount a furious comeback to send the game to OT and ultimately win. Its just too many points to lay for a team that just gave up 56 points. TCU wins 30-27.

Georgia looked terrible in the first half against Arkansas before changing QBs and dominating the 2nd half. I think their defense will force Nix into a few turnovers. I hate Kirby Smart as a favorite, because he plays such a conservative game basically trying to win 3-0 if he can, but I think Georgia’s defense will be too much and the offense will do just enough to get the cover. Georgia wins 23-10.

Good luck.
Jason