Jets / Pats Question

scooter

If Pittsburgh wins vs. Baltimore, and gains homefield for the playoffs, does NE have any reason to play the starters against the Jets? The game will probably be taken down after the 1:00 kickoffs pending the Pitt result? My thoughts were of taking the Jets with the hopes that Pitt beats Balt, and if necessary buying it back if Balt upsets Pitt. Am I way off base here?

CanadianCoates

Seems logical. I think Pitt will win as well. Perhaps playing it as a if win ticket. Where you bet say $25 on Pitt, and if they win you roll $25 more on the Jets at the current odd. I may just do this as I am thinking that NE is pretty banged up, its a tough game to cap I know that the Pats must be reeling after the Miami game, and initially I had thought playing on NE was the way to go I think the under is the best bet.

scooter

Personally dont like the game but I was thinking more along the lines of just playing the Jets, leaving me with three options before they kick off.
a) having the best of a number (if line moves due to pitt win)
b) having a sweet middle (if line moves due to pitt win) or,
c) worst case, buying back my bet if Balt wins and line doesnt change

cover

NewEngland can still be caught by the winner of SD/INDY, so regardless of the outcome in Pitt, the game will mean something to them

cover

Let me correct myself:

"Barring the Steelers losing both of their remaining games, the Patriots are not likely to get home field through the playoffs, but they can clinch a first-round bye with a win or a San Diego loss to Indianapolis. "