By Greg Dempson
The Capitals host the Kings at the Verizon Center this evening with the puck dropping at 7:00 ET. The Kings have been on the high end of posted totals of late going 6–2–2 to the over in the last 10 games. What Kings team will show up tonight? Will it be an LA team that scored 20 goals in their three wins this month or a Kings team that scored only 4 times in their three loses?
Tyler Toffoli has scored a goal and assisted on 4 others during their last five games, but he’s yet to score in four career meetings vs. the Capitals. With Quick out due to a lower body injury so Jonas Enroth should be in goal tonight. He’s 2–0–3 mark with a GAA of 2.91 against Washington. He stopped 17 shots vs. the Devils in a 1–0 loss on Sunday.
As for the Capitals they have also been on the upside of over/unders going 7–1–2 to the over. Tonight’s total is 5.5 under at –125 or over at +115. Washington’s goalie has been confirmed, Philipp Grubauer. He’s started nine games and made four relief appearances this season with a GAA of 2.24 and a save percentage of 91.9%.
From the Goalie Cam
· The Kings are 2–8 to the under this season when playing their fourth game in seven days this season.
· These two teams have combined for 5 or less goals in five of their last seven games.
· Enroth is 1–3–6 to the under in 10 road games.
· The Kings are is 07–23 to the under in road games when off a shut out road loss.
· In the second half of the season the Capitals are 80–131 to the under and +40.90-units vs. teams that allow 2.55or less goals per game.
· In the second half of the season Los Angeles is 0–7 to the under in road games vs. starting goalies with a save percentage of 91.5% or better.
· Play any team under the total, (applies to the Capitals,) after playing 3 consecutive road games and playing against an opponent that’s played 4 consecutive road games. This system is 132–224 = 63% to the under and +79.20-units since 1996.
· After five or more consecutive overs, play home teams that average 2.9 or more goals per game to play under the total when playing vs. an average scoring team that averages 2.5 to 2.9 goals per game. This system is 36–67 = 65% to the under since 1996.
LA Kings vs Capitals Pick
My Every Edge NHL Game of the Night is on the Kings and Capitals to stay under 5.5 goals –125 or lower.