By Greg Dempson
The Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Indiana is the center of this Big–10 match-up as the 9th ranked Terrapins tangle with the 19th ranked Boilermakers. The game is on ESPN and tips at 4:00 ET.
Purdue has had one week off to prepare to this contest and they’re playing with revenge off an earlier season loss at Maryland on February 6, ( 72–61,) as 5.5 point dogs.
Since that victory while hosting Purdue the Terrapins are only 2–2 straight up with one of those wins vs. “Rent-a-Victim” opponent, Bowie State! Their two most recent loses where at home when then hosted Wisconsin, (70–57,) as 8.5 point favorites and following that game up with a shocking road loss at Minnesota while laying 10 points, (68–63.) They did defeat Michigan in their last game, (86–82,) at home.
Maryland can win the Big–10 title with three consecutive wins, firstly at Purdue and then post back-to-back victories vs. Indiana as they close out their regular season with home and home games.
Purdue is 15–1 straight up at home this season outscoring foes by almost 20 points per game.
Off the Bench
· Here is a key stat that might aid the Boilermakers covering this game, Purdue’s bench has outscored their opposition’s bench 887-417 and accounted for 41 percent of the team’s scoring.
· Maryland is 37–57 ATS and -25.70-units in road games vs. good defensive teams that allowed an average of 64 or less points per game since.
· Purdue is 8–0 ATS revenging a road loss vs. an opponent by 10 or more points the last three seasons.
· The Terrapins are 1–8 ATS after scoring 85 or more points.
· The Boilermakers are 34–20 ATS in all games the last two seasons.
· Maryland is 1–4–1 ATS in their six in conference road games.
· From game 16 out, head coach Turgeon is 3–12 ATS in road games versus good defensive teams that allow 64 points per game.
· Head coach Painter is 36–19 ATS after two straight games forcing an opponent to commit 11 or less turnovers.
· With the host team now laying 4 points, (opened at – 3.5,) I the Boilermakers to get the win and cover vs. the Terrapins.
Maryland vs Purdue Pick
My Every Edge selection for this afternoon is on the Purdue Boilermakers laying 4 points or less.