by Greg Dempson
The Angels have won the first two of their four game series vs. the Rays and they send Ricky Nolasco to the mound this evening. Nolasco is 2-3 with an ERA of 4.01 on the season, WHIP of 1.277. Ricky’s fared better on the road, in five starts his ERA is 3.72, WHIP of 1.345, averaging 5.8 innings per start allowing only 12 earned runs, (8 homers,) 7 walks vs. 27 strikeouts.
He is 1-4 to the UNDER away from home this season. The Angels bullpen has a respectable road ERA of 3.60,WHIP of 1.133 through 75 innings allowing only 30 earned runs, (8 homers,) vs. 26 walks and 86 strikeouts.
The Rays start Erasmo Ramirez, who is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA, WHIP of 0.871. Ramirez is 2-2 lifetime vs. the Angels with an ERA of 2.64, WHIP of 1.109. He’s walked one batter vs. 10 strikeouts, 8 hits at home through 10.3 innings in his two starts. The Rays also have a decent bullpen with a home ERA of 3.84, WHIP of 1.109.
- The Angels are 08-16-01 to the UNDER on the road this season.
- The Rays are 03-13 to the under when at home and playing with revenge off two consecutive losses to the same opponent with an average combined score of 6.8 runs per game.
- The Angels are 11-20-04 to the under vs. righties this season.
- Tampa Bay is 33-60 to the under at home after scoring and allowing 4 or less runs in three consecutive games with an average score of 7.7 runs per game.
- Nolasco is 1-8 to the UNDER in his last nine road starts.
- Home plate umpire Hunter Wendelstedt is 0-5-1 to the UNDER when calling balls and strikes in Angels contests as well as 2-5 to the under in the last seven vs. the Rays.
- Wendelstedt is also 15-24-05 to the UNDER the past three yers when calling balls an strikes in American League games averaging a combined 7.4 runs per game.
- Wendelstedt is also 21-28-06 to the under averaging 7.5 runs per game the past three seasons when two righties face one another.
An Under System
- When the total is 8.5 to 10 runs play home teams under the total that average 1.25 or more home runs per game after scoring 2 runs or less. This system is 52-102 = 66% to the under and +43.60-units the past five seasons.
Everyedge.com in Review
My last selection on the Angels/Mets over 7.5 runs at-105 lost and I am 5-7 with my MLB selections.