By Greg Dempson
The Indians send Trevor Bauer to the mound in this 10:05 ET start. He is matched up vs. Matt Shoemaker. The Indians are the hotter of the two teams going 7–3 in their last 10 while the Angles return home off a seven game road trip and they’re 4–6 in their last 10 while being swept in New York vs. the Yankees.
From the Batter’s Box, (Friday’s result is not included in the angles noted below)
· The Indians are +42.70-units vs. the money line in road games against teams whose hitters draw 3 walks or less per game since 1997.
· The Angels are 8–14 vs. the money line as a favorite of –110 or higher this season.
· Cleveland is averaging 4.9 RPG vs. rightie this season as well as 4.9 RPG in night games.
· The Angels are averaging 4.1 RPG at home, 4.6 vs. righties and 4.2 in night games.
· The Indians are +35.80-units vs. the money line when playing against an American League pitcher whose ERA is 5.20 to 5.70 since 1997.
· The Angels are 6–11 at home since May 6th.
· Cleveland has won four of the last five vs. the Angels
From the Pitcher’s Mound
· Matt Shoemaker/Team is 1–5 in six home starts with an ERA of 5.51, WHIP of 1.439.
· Shoemaker is 9–20 against the money line when the total is 7 to 8.5 as well as 1–10 on the money line when the total is 8 or 8.5 the last two seasons.
· Shoemaker is also 3–13 at home the past two seasons as well as 1–7 when a money line favorite of –110 or more.
· Trevor Bauer is 2–1 in four road starts with an ERA of 3.04, WHIP of 1.225.
· When pitching on four days rest, the Indians are 4–1 with Bauer on the mound.
All Systems Go
· Play against home teams with a money line of -100 to -150 batting .265 or worse when playing against an American League pitcher whose ERA is 4.20 or lower, (Bauer,) with an American League starting pitcher, (Shoemaker,) whose WHIP is 1.300 to 1.400. This system is 72–42 = 63% the past five seasons and +40.40-units.
· Play on road underdogs of +100 to +150 with a starting American League pitcher whose ERA is 4.20 or better on the season when playing against an opponent with an American League starting pitcher whose WHIP is 1.300 to 1.400 on the season. This system is 77–52 = 60% the past five seasons and +39.90-units.
My Every Edge selection for Saturday evening is on the Cleveland Indians at +113 on the money line.
For additional winning selections, systems and tweets visit www.gregdempson.com.