by Greg Dempson
Tonight’s game between Boston and Washington should be an interesting one, physical, rugged and perhaps a bit technical if it has any semblance of the third game in the series. Will this be hockey played on the hardwood in game four?
In all probability such will not be the case as the referees will call this one tight so it doesn’t get out of hand! One of the three officials tonight is Dan Crawford who has officiated over 1,750 regular season basketball games and close to 300 playoff contests. He has made me con in the past when the O/U is 205 or more as he has seen the over go 27-16 or 62.8%.
Another official who does not stand for any nonsense on the court is Ron Garretson, Ron has also treated me well through the years in certain situations, (with slightly less than 1,400 regular seasons contests,) and almost 170 post season games. An up tempo games with Ron blowing the whistle equates to points and when the O/U is 205 or greater as he is 25-18 to the over or 58.13%.
· In the second half of the season the Wizards are 22-11 to the OVER vs. teams that force 14 or less turnovers per game this season. The average combined score is 222.6 PPG.
· Boston is 8-0 to the OVER after covering 4 of their last 5 ATS this season with an average combined score of 228 points.
· Washington is 30-16 to the OVER after a game where they covered the spread this season with Washington vs. opponents averaging 219.4 PPG .
· The Celtics are 5-2 to the over in their last seven games vs. opponents with a straight up winning record.
Moving On Up
· In the second round of the playoffs, play all teams OVER the total when the O/U is greater than or equal to 210 points. Obviously this system applies to each team so the true record would be one-half of the current record of 82-42 or 66%. This season it is 12-06 to the over in nine games, so realistically it is 6-3 OVER in the nine games this system has been live. (This system is live in all three games today/tonight.)
A 84.6% ATS Super System
· I am not saying the Wizards win an cover tonight but here is some food for thought concerning the side portion of the game.
· When you play against underdogs of 3.5 to 9.5 points when revenging a road blowout loss to an opponent by 20 points or more and matched up against an opponent off an home win scoring 110 or more points you are 33-06 = 84.6% ATS the past five seasons.
Everyedge.com in Review
· My last offerings lost on Houston in the first half and for the full game. My season long College and NBA record is 16-19-01.