By Greg Dempson
The Hornets lost their buzz when entering the fourth quarter once again when it squandered an 85-70 advantage in the final period and eventually fell in overtime, (114-108) in Detroit on Thursday. Charlotte has now gone 1-12 straight up in their last 13 and they are 3 point favorites while I make this line favoring the Kings by -3.5. Charlotte’s last road win was at Orlando on December 28.
The big news out of Sacramento is the departure of franchise forward DeMarcus Cousins, traded to the Pelicans. In their first game without Cousins the Kings defeated the Nuggets, (116-100.) Buddy Hield, the key player acquired in the Cousins’ deal, added 15 points and Tyreke Evans, a former King who was acquired along with Langston Galloway in the deal for Cousins, combined for 31 points on 10-for-18 shooting with 10 rebounds and four assists.
A Notable Injury
- Cody Zeller is questionable for the game this afternoon, (Tip time is 5:05 ET.) The Hornets are 02-15 straight up when he’s out of the line-up.
- The Kings have won four out of five in a row while the Hornets have dropped five straight.
- Charlotte is 8-17 ATS when revenging a loss vs. an opponent this season.
- Sacramento is 8-1 ATS in the second half of the season this season vs. poor pressure defensive teams that force 14 or less turnovers per game.
- The Hornets are 0-7 ATS when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season this season.
- Play against All teams where the line is + or -3 points (CHARLOTTE) when revenging a close loss to an opponent of 3 or less points when playing against an opponent off a home win. This system is 179-119 = 60% ATS.
My NBA and College record on wagered games is 4-6 ATS and I have made a fair sized wager on this contest. My Every Edge selection is on the Sacramento Kings at +3.