by Greg Dempson
Tip time for game 2 is at 8:00 ET as Cleveland hops to put a disastrous game 1 showing behind them. The Warriors at -7/-7.5 took the Cavaliers out to the woodshed to the tune of a (113-91) beat down. They hit better than 42% while attempting more than 100 shots. Cleveland attempted less than 90 shots and went 30 out of 86, (34.88%,) and from the second quarter on the game slipped away from the Cavs. When defending Curry with two players Kevin Durant had so many easy rives to the basket and finished with 38 points while Curry had 28 the same number as LeBron James while Irving had 24.
Cleveland had zero steals in the entire game while Golden State had 12. There was also a huge disparity in turnovers as Cleveland committed 20 vs. 4 by Golden State.
The Sports Books have adjusted the line for game two and the Warriors are now -9/-8.5 as of this report with the total slightly lower than game 1 and presently sitting at 220.5.
Angles for Game 2 vs. Game 1 Plus Season Long Angles
- Game 1 favorites are on a 18-09 = 66.7% ATS streak dating back 27 years and the most recent game 1 streak is a very impressive 11-02 = 92% ATS record since 2005.
- The underdog has bounced back ATs in game 2 going 16-09-01 ATS the past 29 years and the more recent run has the game 2 underdog at 7-2 ATS.(The Warriors did cover in game 2 last year.)
- Cleveland is 03-13 ATS when on the road in non conference games this season.
- Golden State is 40-24 ATS after a non-conference game the last two seasons.
First Half Systems
- Play against favorites in the first half line that shoot 48% or greater on the season when playing against an opponent that’s off a game where a team made 35% of their shots or worse.This system is 32-09 = 78% ATS in the first half when backing Cleveland dating back to 1996.
- In the NBA finals play teams under the total in the first half. This system is 82-142 = 63.4% to the under since 1996. Since each team is live in this system the adjusted numbers would be 41-72 to the under and on a current streak of 03-13 the past three seasons as well as 08-17 to the under the past five years.
- The first half line is -5.5 and the O/U is 112.5 points.
Full Game Systems
- Play against all underdogs of 3.5 to 9.5 points when revenging a road blowout loss by 20 or more points when playing against an opponent off a home win and scoring 110 or more points. This system is 35-06 = 85% ATS the past five seasons.
My opinion on the under in the first half in game 1 crept under the total.