by Greg Dempson
The Spurs haven’t played a home game since February 4th as they played eight road contests in 12 days vacating the AT&T Center for the annual rodeo.
They went 6-2 straight up and 4-4 ATS having last played on Sunday at Los Angeles vs. the Lakers. I note the Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last six at home when off a seven, (or more,) day road trip. In their most recent game vs. the Pacers, at Indiana, the Spurs won (106-102,) failing to cover the 4.5 points.
It was a different scenario the last time they hosted Indiana, a (106-92,) straight up and ATS win when laying -9.5 points. After missing 15 games due to a fractured finger, Pau Gasol has returned to the line-up and averaged 16 PPG in his games at the Staples Center vs. the Clippers and Lakers.
San Antonio holds in edge in every statistical category vs. the Pacers with one exception, being at the free throw line.
As for the Pacers, they limped into the All-Star break with a 1-6 straight up record. The Pacers are 1-1 since the break with an impressive come from behind win at Houston, (117-108) as 10 point road chalk and in their first game back they were soundly defeated by the Heat, (113-95,) getting +4.5 points.
· The Spurs are 20-09 ATS when their opponent allowed 100 or more points in their previous game.
· The Pacers are 04-12 ATS in road games after one or more consecutive wins this season.
· San Antonio is 10-04 at home when facing a foe that has a losing road record.
· Indiana is 11-18 ATS on the road this season.
· The Spurs are 12-04 ATS in their last 16 home games.
· The Pacers are 1-4 ATS in their last five after scoring 100 or more and they’re also 1-4 ATS when their opponent scored 100 or more in their previous game.
· The host team is 4-0 ATS in the last four meetings.
· The Spurs are 20-10 ATS after having won 4 of their last 5 games this season.
· San Antonio is +48.80-units as a home favorite under coach Popovich.
Every Edge in Review
· It was nice to hook the book for a change as the Boilermakers covered by the hook, winning by 11 when laying 10.5. The EE College and NBA selections are 5-7 ATS.
· I’m making a recreational wager with a top opinion on the Spurs at -10 with “vig” at -108 at one of my outs.