by Greg Dempson
The New Orleans Pelicans have been playing much better of late but they won’t have a healthy Anthony Davis tonight as he’s dealing with a sprained ankle, (suffered in the second quarter in their win at home vs. the Trailblazers last night.) New Orleans will also be without 7-foot center Omer Asik, (who has an infection.) The Pelicans are a long shot to make the playoffs and they trail the Nuggets by five games for the eighth and final playoff spot.
The Miami Heat have been on fire of late, 5-0 straight up and ATS in their last five and at one point, their straight up record was 11-30 at the season’s midway point. Since that time Miami’s been spectacular and tonight they’re in search of their 22 victory in 27 games.
From the injury wire, point guard Goran Dragic missed Sunday’s game due to a right eye injury suffered in their throttling of the Raptors but he returned to practice yesterday and he plans to play tonight against New Orleans.
The US “Stats Department”
· The Heat have won six of their last seven home games against the Pelicans.
· New Orleans is -36.60-units following a home win by 10 or more points.
· In the second half of the season this season, Miami is 21-04 ATS vs. teams who attempt 18 or more 3 point shots per game
· The Pelicans are -52.80-units in road games vs. good ball handling teams that are committing 14 or less turnovers per game
· In the second half of the season the Heat are 22-10 ATS and +11.0-units when playing against a team with a losing record the last two seasons
· New Orleans is 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games when playing without rest.
· Miami is 21-04-01 ATS in their last 26 games and 35-17-01 ATS as the host in their last 53 at home.
· Heat head coach Spoelstra/Team is +25.50-units as a favorite of 3.5 to 9.5 points.
· In the second half of the season coach Spoelstra/Team is +23.10-units when playing against a team with a losing record.
· Coach Spoelstra/Team is +27.20-units vs. poor pressure defensive teams that force 14 or less turnovers per game in the second half of the season.
Every Edge in Review
· Last night’s selection on Wake Forest lost and I am sitting at 8-11 ATS with my wagered on games here at Every Edge.