By Greg Dempson
This is the second meeting in the past five days as Dallas defeated the Trailblazers in Portland last Friday, (108–104). Dallas is currently tied for 10th place in the Western Conference and trail Portland by 1.5 games and they’re three games behind the Nuggets. Dallas has won nine out of their last 13 games due in part to the help of Yogi Ferrell.
The undrafted free agent recently signed a 10 day tryout and has been a pleasant surprise to say the lest! Ferrell started his fifth consecutive game Monday as Deron Williams has been out of the line-up with a toe sprain.
Ferrell, a former Hoosiers star, has helped the Mavericks to a 4–1 record in his five starts with wins vs. the Spurs in San Antonio, home to the Cavaliers and 76ers and their win at Portland, losing at Denver in their game last night. In his five contests Ferrell is averaging 17.2 points per game and 5.0 assists. His solid play has resulted in Ferrell being rewarded with a two year contract.
As for the Trailblazers they are off a loss at Oklahoma, (105–99,) on Sunday night. When reviewing Portland’s recent road woes, losses at Washington, Charlotte, Philadelphia, a win at Boston and then Sunday night’s loss at Oklahoma, I will make a wager on the hotter team, Dallas supported by the following angles.
- The Mavericks are 53–28 ATS +22.20-units off a road blowout loss by 20 or more points.
- Portland is only 8–19 straight up on the road this season and they are currently favored by 1.5 points.
- Dallas is 11–02 ATS after trailing their previous game by 15 or more points at half-time.
- The Trailblazers are 06–14 ATS in road games after allowing 105 points or more this season.
- The Mavericks are 35–21 ATS after allowing 105 points or more in the last two seasons.
- Portland is 3 – 7 ATS in their last 10 vs. Dallas.
Keys to the Game
- Dallas will win if they can control or minimize the damage that Damien Lillard does.
- Andrew Bogart is listed as questionable tonight, that as well as Dallas playing last night in Denver might be the reasoning for the line move which had Dallas at –1 while now getting 1.5 points.
My Every Edge Basketball Selections in Review
- My last NBA selection was a winner and I am now 2–1 ATS with my pro selections, (1–1 in College hoops.)
My Every Edge selection for this evening is on the Dallas Mavericks getting +1.5 points.
For additional winning angles, selections, systems and Tweets visit www.gregdempson.com.