by Greg Dempson
These two teams enter the playoffs tonight at the Staples Center with one team really steaming upward, the Clippers, (11-02,) in their last 13 games, while winning their last seven games straight up, (4-2-1 ATS,) their longest winning streak of the season. The Jazz enter tonight’s contest with some momentum as well winning five of their last seven but the Clippers have owned the Jazz of late going 5-1 ATS since December 26, 2015. The Clippers hold advantages vs. the Jazz in bench strength as well as turnovers, points per game and field goal percentage. The Clippers late season surge was obviously helped by the fact that the team is completely healthy and they scored 112 or more PPG in six of their last seven victories led by Paul who averaged 23.1 to go along with 10.3 assists and shooting 56%.
Not All That Jazzy
- The Jazz are 02-11 ATS when a road dog of +6 points or less this season
- Utah is also 01-10 ATS when getting between +3.5 to +9.5 points this season.
- The Jazz are 05-14 ATS when a road dog this season.
- Utah is 07-22-01 ATS in their last 30 road games when facing a foe with a straight up winning home percentage that was greater than .600.
The Clip Joint!
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS when hosting a team with a winning straight up road record.
- Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS when their opponent scored 100 or more points in their last five contests.
- Los Angeles won by an average of 8.8 PPG at home this season and in their last five victories to close out the regular season, they won by an average of 16.4 PPG.
- Play against all teams when of two consecutive wins by 6 points or less, (applies to the Jazz,) when playing against an opponent that’s off a combined score of 205 or more points. This system is 94-51 = 65% ATS the past five seasons.
Everyedge in Review
- I am 15-14 ATS with my NBA an College basketball selections at Every Edge.