by Greg Dempson
Tip time is 8:00 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center for tonight’s Jazz/Bucks clash. Utah returns from the All-Star break off a home win vs. Portland but prior to that victory they had dropped three in a row, at Dallas and then home vs. Boston and the Clippers. The Jazz remained pat at the trade deadline and their success this season has been due to a #1 ranked scoring defense as they are allowing a league best 95.7 points per game. The Jazz are post season bound, barring a catastrophic collapse.
Milwaukee had dropped 12 of 14 before righting the ship while winning three of three of four heading into the All-Star break. Kris Middleton’s return to their line-up is due in part of the reason for their modest surge. The Bucks have the benefit of playing eight of their next 10 at home and still have a realistic chance of making the post season.
- The Jazz are 09-20 ATS in their last 29 contests.
- The home team is 14-05 ATS in their last 19 meetings.
- Utah is 04-11 ATS in their last 15 after scoring 100 or more points as well as 3-8 ATS when facing a foe that allowed 100 or more in their last game.
- The Jazz have had a recent tendency of playing down to the level of their competition going 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. teams with a straight up losing record.
- Play on home underdogs that are shooting 46% or higher on the season when playing four straight games while making 47% or more of their shots.This system is 32-11 = 74% ATS since 1996.
- Play against Friday night favorites when off a home win vs. a division foe.
Every Edge in Review and Tonight’s Comp Selection
- I am 4-6 ATS in the NBA and College in games that I’ve wagered on.