By Greg Dempson
Washington Redskins vs NY Jets -7
The 3–1 New York Jets, fresh off a bye week, host the 2–3 Washington Redskins as 7 point favorites in this 1:00 ET start. For the first time this season, (as well as the preseason,) the Redskins were outgained last week by the Falcons. Washington definitely had Atlanta on the ropes and the game went into overtime before Cousins threw a pick 6 resulting in a loss for the Redskins. Both Cousins and Fitzpatrick are prone to turnovers as Fitzpatrick has tossed 6 while Cousins has also thrown 6. Washington is 2–0 when Cousins hasn’t tossed an interceptions and 0–3 when he has. Overall the Redskins have turned the ball over 8 times while the Jets are +13 in the take-away department.
Washington has most certainly improved vs. last season’s edition as they are ranked #11 in rushing offense and ranked #12 in defending the run and that’s why they’ve outgained four of their five opponents this season. Overall the Redskins bring the #6 ranked defense into this contest vs. a #2 ranking for the Jets.
View From the 50 Yard Line
– The Jets have a huge look-ahead game next week vs. the Patriots and in this spot there are 3–14 ATS when at home before New England and hosting an opponent off a straight up loss.
– Washington is 39–23 ATS when a road dog of +3.5 to +7 points.
– The Jets are also 1–8 ATS when favored vs. a NFC opponent and 5–13–2 ATS overall in their last 20 games.
– Washington is 5–2 ATS in their last seven games when playing a foe with a winning record.
– The Jets are 4–13 ATS in home games after outgaining an opponent by 150 or more total yards in their previous game.
– In somewhat of an oddity, recent play has all NFL teams who are off a straight up win in London games at 1–7 ATS when home for their next game.
– When we play on road teams winning between 25% to 40% of their games and getting +3.5 to 10 points, we are 99 – 55 = 64% ATS since 1983.
My NFL EveryEdge Game of the Week is on the Washington Redskins at +7 points –115.
For additional winning information, systems and selections visit www.gregdempson.com.