By Greg Dempson
St. Louis Blues at New York Rangers, 7:00 PM ET
My Every Edge NHL plays are 1–2–1 this season for -$192.00 with each game posted here being a one-unit wager, (juice is included.) Onto tonight’s selection.
St. Louis goaltender Jake Allen has allowed 2 goals or less in his last seven starts going 6–1 with a GAA of 0.88 and a save percentage of 97.1%including back-to-back shutouts in his last two starts blocking a combined 69 shots. Opposing teams haven’t scored on Allen in 165 minutes, 59 seconds. In his last four games he’s allowed one goal and his save percentage is 97.7%.
Henrik Lundquist gets the start for the Rangers tonight and he’s been stellar of late as well allowing only 4 goals in his last four starts with a save percentage of 96.7%. Lundqvist has a GAA of 1.15 going 5–0–1 in his last six starts.
View From Center Ice
· Seven out of the last 10 games between these two teams have produced 5 or less goals.
· The Rangers killed off all 6 power play opportunities in their last game and have also snuffed out 32 out of 34 chances in their last 11 games.
· The Blues are 1– 7–1 to the under in their last nine games.
· The Rangers are 4–15–2 to the under in their last 21 home games.
· The past three seasons the Blues are 6–17 to the under in road games after games after winning 3 of their last 4.
· The past two seasons the Rangers are 10–31 to the under after playing a game where 4 or less goals were scored.
· In the first half of the season and following a home blowout win by 3 or more goals, play all teams under the total as long as each team is winning 70% or more of their games. This system is 03–12 = 75% to the under the past three seasons as well as 17–45 = 73% to the under since 1996.
· Following a win vs. a division rival, (applies to the Rangers,) play any team under the total when playing against an opponent that’s off a shutout road win. This system is 09–24 = 73% to the under the past five seasons as well as 53–100 = 65% to the under since 1996.
· Nothing’s ever as easy as it looks in the world of gambling, Lundqvist has a GAA of 2.67 in five starts vs. the Blues and that’s why I am restricting this to a one-unit play.
My EveryEdge Game of the Night is for the Blues/Rangers to stay under 5 goals – 104.
For additional winning information, visit www.gregdempson.com.