Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars
With my last offering on the Capitals at –1 goal winning by a score of (5–3,) when hosting the Winnipeg Jets, I am 2–3–2 at the Every Edge home page for -$200.00 with all these postings being 1.0-unit each. Onto tonight’s selection.
With goaltender Kari Lehtonen out of the line-up due to an injury Antti Niemi should get the start tonight at American Airlines Center in Dallas as the Stars host the Vancouver Canucks. Niemi is 5–2 in 7 home starts with a save percentage of 90.2%. He was in goal the first time these two teams met on October 29 stopping 29 shots in a 4–3 home victory.
Ryan Miller has 19 starts in goal this season, which ties him for the league lead. Miller is on a 0–4–2 slide vs. the Stars with a 4.25 GAA average. Miller has allowed 25 goals in 10 road starts for an average of 2.5 goals allowed per contest and his save percentage is 91.2% and he is 4–6 away from home. In his last four starts Miller has allowed 12 goals. If Miller doesn’t start Vancouver’s back-up is Jacob Markstrom. He’s allowed 7 goals in two road starts.
View From Center Ice
- The Canucks are 0–8 in their last eight games vs. the Stars.
- The Stars are on a 17–04 streak vs. Pacific opponents.
- Vancouver is 3–9 when playing their fourth game in seven days this season.
- Dallas is 11–0 after having won 2 out of their last 3 games this season plus they have not lost back-to-back games this season.
- The Canucks are 5–12 vs. teams that average 4 or less power plays per game this season.
- The Stars are 8–0 against good offensive teams that average 29 or more shots on goal per game while converting 17% or more of their power play opportunities this season.
My Every Edge Game of the Night is on the Dallas Stars –1 goal at –102.
For additional winning information and winning systems visit www.gregdempson.com.