By Greg Dempson
So 24 is the magic number for the Giants as they’ve allowed more than 24 points in only one game, (week 3 vs. the Redskins.) Since allowing 29 the Giants have played 7 games where no team has scored more than 24 points, hence 24/7.J
On the other side of the ledger we have the inept Cleveland Browns, they are now 0–11 straight up, 24/7/11. In those 11 games they’ve only exceeded 24 points in two games while exceeding more than 20 points in only 3 games out of 11. Things have also spiraled downward in their last 3 on the offensive side of the ball as they’ve failed to score more than 10 points in three consecutive games.
Ground and Pound
- The Giants don’t have a great ground game but they have exceeded 100+ yards in back-to-back games for the first time this season.
- The Browns are ranked 31stvs. the run allowing an average of 133 rushing yards per game.
- The Giants are 3–7 to the UNDER in their 10 games this season. That money the spent on defense in the off season is paying off.
- Up next for the Giants is a road game at Pittsburgh. I expect THE Giants’ approach to this game is to run the clock from start to end, play solid defense and shorten the game which is always good for an under.
- Neither of these two teams have scored 30 points in a game this season.
- When the Giants are playing a team that is winning 25% or less of their games straight up they are 4–8 to the UNDER.
- The Browns are 01–10 to the UNDER in the second half of the season the past two seasons.
- The Giants are 01–13 to the under as a road favorite of –3.5 to –7 points.
Last week in Review
- My selection, given out early in the week on the Jaguars at +7 pushed. My NFL Every Edge NFL record is now 7–4–1 ATS.
All Systems Go
- In the second half of the season, and following one or more consecutive loses ATS, play all teams winning 25% or less of their games to stay under the total. The average total in this system is 44, close to the current O/U of 44.5. This system is 23 – 60 = 72% to the under the past five seasons as well as 0–5 to the UNDER this season.
NY Giants at Cleveland Browns Pick
My Every Edge selection this week is for the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns to stay under the total of 44.5 points.
For additional winning systems, angles, picks and Tweets visitwww.gregdempson.com.