Oklahoma at Kansas NCAA Basketball
The 12–0 Oklahoma Sooners travel to the Allen Fieldhouse tonight to face the Kansas Jayhawks who are undefeated at home as well as 12–1 on the season with tip-time slated for 9:00 ET. The last time these two conference foes tangled, the Sooners came out on top 75–73 as the host, winning straight up but losing ATS as a 6.5 point favorite. That game sailed over the total of 142 which is considerably lower than tonight’s O/U of 159. Part of the reason for the higher total is due to the fact that these two teams are ranked second and third nationally when shooting the “3”.
Each team returns 4 starters and, as mentioned, they are both efficient from beyond the arc as the Jayhawks are shooting 46% from the 3 point line, which is second best in the NCAA while averaging 88.3 PPG, trailing only The Citadel and Duke. The Sooners are shooting 45.3% from 3 point line, slightly below the Jayhawks while averaging 87 PPG which ranks them 6th best nationally.
· Bobby Hield leads the Sooners and is 4th in the nation in scoring averaging 24.7 points on 49.5% shooting. He managed to post his sixth consecutive 20-point effort with 22 points vs. the Cyclones on Saturday. In his previous five games he averaged 29.8 points on 58.8% shooting.
· Wayne Selden Jr. leads the Jayhawks in scoring averaging 15.5 PPG. In his most recent effort vs. the Baylor Bears he scored 24, mostly on the strength of 5 for 6 from beyond the arc.
· Kansas is 8–0 to the over in home games versus good offensive teams that average 77+ points per game.
· The past two seasons Oklahoma is 12–04 to the over after 3 straight games when forcing their opponents to commit 14 or less turnovers.
· Oklahoma and Kansas are a combined 8–2 to the over in their last 10 meetings including 5 consecutive overs.
· This total of 159 matches the highest O/U in their previous 10 meetings, (posted on January 8 of the 2014 season,) and that final score saw a combined total points effort of 173. I like this game over the total tonight supported by the following system.
· Play all teams over the total when the O/U is between 150 and 159.5 points, (applies to the Sooners,) after scoring 75 or more points in five straight games and playing against an opponent that scored 95 or more points. This system is 30–08 = 79% to the over since 1997 including 10 – 02 to the over the previous three seasons.
Oklahoma at Kansas Pick
My Every Edge College Hoops Total of the Night is for the Sooners and Jayhawks to sail over 159 points.