By Greg Dempson
The Owls are a 4 point road dog and bring an 0–2 straight up record to Bright House Networks Stadium in Orlando with their two road loses by exactly 7 points, first at Penn State, (27–34,) and most recently last week at Memphis by an identical score, (27–34.)
In last week’s loss vs. Memphis the Owls actually outgained the Tigers, (531–323.) Temple has certainly played tougher opponents and I made this line favoring the road team by 2.5 points.
I also note that all of Central Florida’s wins have come against teams with losing straight up records. Central Florida game plans with a ground heavy offense first and pass second and I’m liking the road dog as Temple has fared well vs. the run holding their last two opponents to an average of 3.7 YPC on 64 rushing attempts.
Temple returns their quarterback, top running back and tight end and while the Owls out yarded Memphis handily in their last game, the Knights’ 18 point win vs. East Carolina, (49–27,) was misleading as UCF lost the yardage battle (521–373.) The Owls have held four of their six opponents to season low yards and I expect more of the same in this contest.
dMy last selection on the Cal Golden Bears/Oregon State Beavers over at 71 was a winner, my College Every Edge record is 4–2 ATS.
Wise Owl Angles
- The Owls are 7–3 ATS when facing an opponent with a winning straight up record.
- UCF is 2–7 ATS in their last nine at home.
- Under the coaching leadership of Mark Rhule Temple is 18–07 ATS when installed as an underdog.
- Running back Thomas ran for a career-high 199 yards and three touchdowns in Temple’s 30–16 win vs. the Knights last year and the Owls have the experience of 19 seniors on their team.
- After outgaining an opponent by 225 or more total yards in their previous game, play on a road underdog, (applies to backing Temple.) This system is 143–82 = 64% ATS the past five seasons and +52.80-units.
Temple at Central Florida Pick