By Greg Dempson
This game tips at 11:00 ET at the Taco Bell Arena as the Broncos host the Rebels with the home team favored by –6.5 points. The Rebels have “run” into difficulties since they’ve lost Ben Carter and Stephen Zimmerman. Carter is out for the season, (torn ACL,) injured in their game at home vs. San Diego State, a 67–52 straight up loss as 4.5 point favorites.
Carter averaged 6.8 PPG but was good in blocks, at 6 per game. Then on February 4, Stephen Zimmerman was injured near the mid-way portion of the first half in their game at Fresno State. The Rebels lost that contest in double overtime, (111–104,) as 2 point favorites. Zimmerman was leading the team in rebounds at the time, (197,) and in their first game this season vs. the Broncos he scored 18 points.
Since losing Carter and Zimmerman the Rebels are 0–3 ATS away from home with their most recent loss vs. an undersized Air Force team., (79–74,) as 8.5 point road favourites. Boise State has played well at home straight up going 12–2 but not so good ATS at 4–7 ATS. The Broncos have the edge in free throw shooting, (72.2%) vs. (68.3%) for the Runnin’ Rebels.
· UNLV is 1–6 ATS in their last seven road games.
· Boise State is 22–12 ATS against conference opponents the last two seasons as well as 22–10 ATS when off back-to-back conference games.
· From game 16 out UNLV is 12–25 ATS in road games vs. good free throw shooting teams that make 72% or more of their attempts.
· The Broncos are 16–05 ATS after one or more consecutive overs the last two seasons.
· The Runnin’ Rebels are 1–3 ATS in their last four vs. Boise State.
· Boise State is 13 – 6 ATS when hosting a team with a losing road record.
UNLV at Boise State Pick
My Every Edge selection for the evening is on the Boise State Broncos at –6.5 or lower.