By Greg Dempson
With yesterday’s win on the Tiger at –109, my Every Edge MLB selections are now 18–8 with six of those eight loses being underdogs while the two favorites that lost were favorites of –120 and –105.
The White Sox send their ace, leftie Chris Sale to the mound in this 4:10 ET start vs. rightie Doug Fister. Sale has a road record of 6–1 backed by an away ERA of 1.99, WHIP of 0.955 in 58.7 innings. He’s allowed only 13 earned runs , 3 homers on 12 walks vs. 53 strikeouts.
Sale pitched a gem vs. the Astros tossing a complete game on May 19 this season to improve to 4–1 vs. the “Pale Hose” with an ERA of 0.66 ERA, and a WHIP of 0.659 in those five starts.
Doug Fister gets the start for the Astros who are on a serious roll winning 11 out of 12. Fister’s home ERA is 3.58, WHIP of 1.009. Fister/Team is 5–1 at home with the total at 2–1–3 to the over. Fister defeated the White Sox earlier this season, (5–3.) Fister/Team is 4–6 vs. the White Sox and he has an ERA of 3.77, WHIP of 1.387. He last faced Sale when pitching for the Tigers in 2013 losing 6–2.
Around the Diamonds
· The White Sox are 14–25 to the under when the money line is + or –125 this season.
· Fister is 25–44 to the under when the money line is + or –125.
· The White Sox/Opponents combine for 7.2 RPG when Sale is on the road.
· Fister/Opponents combine for an average of 7.0 runs per game in day contests.
· While I do like the under at 4 runs or higher in the first 5 innings I will opt for a money line selection on the side in the first 5 innings instead.
White Sox vs Astros Pick
My Every Edge offering for this afternoon is on the White Sox in the first 5 innings at -114.