By Greg Dempson
The ball tips at 7:30 ET at the Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, Indiana tonight as Purdue attempts to set a school home record for the most wins in a single season vs. the red hot Badgers. Purdue is 16–1 as a host this season and 22–1 dating back to last season.
If recent play between these two schools is any indication, tonight’s BIG 10 telecast could also be a nail biter as three out of their last four meetings have been decided by 6 or less points. The Badgers have won six of the last nine straight up including twice at Purdue, in January of 2012 as well as 2014.
Wisconsin is on a current streak of 11–1 straight up, (10–2 ATS,) in their last 12 games with impressive straight up road wins at Maryland and Iowa. If the Badgers can win straight up they will receive a first round bye in the upcoming BIG 10 tournament. Wisconsin has lost only one game by more than 6 points since December 5 and that was at Michigan State vs. the Spartans, (69–57.)
· The Boilermakers are 3–7–1 ATS in their last 11 at home as well as 3–7–1 ATS vs. BIG 10 opponents.
· The Badgers are 10–02 ATS in their last 12 contests vs. BIG 10 foes.
· Since 1997 Purdue is 19–34 ATS and -18.40-units after a game with 5 or less offensive rebounds.
· Wisconsin is 10–01 ATS this season when off a win vs. a conference rival.
· Purdue is 119–153 ATS and -49.30-units after a game where they covered the spread dating back to 1997.
· The last three seasons Wisconsin is 29–15 ATS in road games after 5 straight games whereby they committed 14 or less turnovers.
· The Boilermakers are 1–6–1 ATS in their last eight games when facing a team with a winning percentage that’s above .600.
· The Badgers are 6–1 ATS in their last seven games when facing a team with a winning percentage that is above .600.
· Purdue is off four consecutive games whereby they’ve forced those opponents to commit 11 or less turnovers and now a home favorite of 3.5 to 9.5 points who is off three consecutive games whereby they’ve forced those three opponents to commit 14 or less turnovers. When we play against the home favorite in this range we are 70–36 = 66% ATS the past five seasons.
Wisconsin at Purdue Pick
My Every Edge Sunday selection is on the Wisconsin Badgers getting +6 or more points
For additional winning information visit www.gregdempson.com.