by Greg Dempson
The Minnesota Twins send Kirk Gibson to the mound in this 2:30 ET start. Gibson has certainly lowered his ERA from 8.62 in his first seven starts down to 3.91 in his last six outings while going 4-2. In Gibson’s most recent three starts his ERA is 3.17 backed by a WHIP of 3.17. Minnesota/Gibson has won the last two starts vs. the Orioles, 14-7 and 6-2 with both games vs. Ubaldo Jimenez the pitcher that Gibson faces this afternoon.
Jimenez has an ERA of 8.82 with a WHIP of 1.500 in his last three starts and his road ERA is 7.57, WHIP of 1.626. He’s allowed 30 earned runs in 35.7 innings when away from home this season including 10 homers.
- In his career Orioles starter Jimenez is 06-19 and -15.20-units against the money line in road games in July as well as -24.60-units against the money line in day games in his career.
- The Twins are 13-06 vs. the Orioles vs. the money line as well as 5-1 this season.
- Baltimore is 50-77 an -27.60-units against the money line on the road when the money line is + or -125 the last three seasons.
- Minnesota is 15-09 against the money line after scoring 2 runs or less this season.
- The Orioles are 15-30 against the money line in road games this season.
- The Twins are 21-08 in Gibson’s last 29 starts vs. a team with a losing record.
- Baltimore is 2-11 and -10.0-units against the money line in road games after having lost five or six of their last seven games this season.
Money Line System
- Play against any team with a bullpen whose WHIP is 1.350 to 1.450 on the season that averages 1.25 or more home runs per game on the season. This system is 251-187 = 57% and +58.70-units of profit the past five seasons.
Everyedge.com in Review
Yesterday’s selection on the Mets/Cardinals over 9 lost. I was able to find one book where my juice was 10 cents while my other “outs” had the juice as high as -130. It’s always wise to shop around and have more than one book where you can wager at. With that loss I am 08-11-02 and -2.86-units with my EE offerings.