New York Mets at St. Louis Cardinals
by Greg Dempson
The New York Mets send Zack Wheeler to the mound in this 4:10 ET start on Fox-TV. Wheeler has a road ERA of 4.59, WHIP of 1.532. Things have blown up on Wheeler in his most recent 3 starts as his ERA has climbed to 18.39, WHIP of 2.861 while allowing 15 runs in only 7.3 innings. He has not been on the mound past 3.7 innings in his most recent three starts.
The Cardinals counter with Adam Wainwright who is 9-5 with an ERA of 5.48, WHIP of 1.550. When starting at home Wainwright’s ERA is 3.42, WHIP of 1.348 with a 6-1 record. Lifetime he’s is 3-5 vs. the Mets with an ERA of 4.58 and a WHIP of 1.298. In two starts last season vs. New York he allowed 20 hits through 11.7 innings, (6 earned.)
- The Mets are 10-02 to the over in all games this season when Wheeler is the starting pitcher.
- The Cardinals are 25-12 to the over after two or more consecutive home games this season.
- The Mets are 21-07 to the over as an underdog of +100 or higher this season as well as 15-06 as an underdog of +100 to +150 this season.
- St. Louis is 14-04 to the over after a 5 game span where the bullpen ERA was 2.00 or better this season.
- The Mets are 12-03 to the over after a 5 game span where the bullpen ERA was 7.00 or worse this season.
- Wainwright/Team is 21-11 to the over as a favorite of -110 or higher the last two seasons.
- In his career Wheeler/Mets are 28-13 to the over as an underdog of +100 or higher
- The Cardinals are 20-08 to the over vs. good power teams averaging 1.25 or more home runs per game this season.
- New York is 23-08 to the over vs. an NL team with a team batting average of .255 or worse this season.
Every Edge in Review and This Afternoon’s Selection
- Yesterday’s selection on the Astros/Blue Jays over was a winner, I’m 08-10-02 and -1.76-units with my EE offerings.
- This afternoon my Every Edge selection is on the Mets/Cardinals to sail over the total of 9 runs @ -110.
For additional winnings systems, picks and Tweets visit www.gregdempson.com.