by Greg Dempson
Houston continues to impress on the road and they’re truly road warriors as they improved to 28-09 away from home with their (5-2,) win vs. the Mariners last night.
Seattle had scored 47 runs in their previous six games, (7.83 per game,) before being limited to 2 last night. Houston is 14-06 in afternoon games while Seattle is only 12-12.
There is one situation where Houston has been “human” this season and that’s vs. lefties as the Astros are only 10-09 and -2.80-units, averaging 5.1 runs per game, their lowest output vs. any other scenario.
Seattle has performed better at home at 25-14 averaging 5.5 runs per game on the season and in their last seven contests the Mariners are averaging 7.0 RPG, (runs per game.)
Houston sends Francis Martes to the mound and in his two starts this season his ERA is 3.37, WHIP of 1.312 through 10.7 innings while allowing 4 earned runs on 9 hits, (1 homer,) while walking 5 vs. 11 strikeouts.
“The Miranda Pitch”
· No “Ariel” show here as Seattle starts Ariel Miranda, he’s 2-4-1 to the UNDER at home in his seven starts.
· Miranda has a home ERA of 2.20, WHIP of 0.918 averaging 7.0 innings per game allowing 12 earned runs on 32 hits, (5 homers,) walking 13 vs. 38 strikeouts.
· Miranda/Team is 2-1 in three games vs. Houston and his ERA is 4.07, WHIP of 1.188.
Bats aren’t Barking with Home Plate Umpire Barksdale
· Lance Barksdale is this afternoon’s home plate umpire, in all games this season he is 03-11-01 to the UNDER.
· In American League games he is 36-62-06 UNDER since 2009 averaging 8.2 RPG.
· In the past two seasons in A/L contests he is 10-21-03 UNDER the total averaging 7.6 RPG.
· When a leftie pitches vs. a rightie Barksdale is 09-18-02 UNDER the past two seasons with the average combined score per game at 7.6 RPG. He’s also 1-5-1 UNDER this season with an average combined score of 6.9 RPG.
· Barksdale is also 14-37-05 to the UNDER when behind home plate on Sunday games.
Play against road favorites with a money line of -110 or higher with a slugging percentage of .450 or better when facing an American League starter whose pitcher whose WHIP is 1.300 or lower and backed by a slugging percentage of .480 or better in their last 10 games. This system is 69-47 = 59.5% and +41.30-units since 1997
Everyedge.com in Review
· My last selection on the Braves at -106 on the money line lost and I’m 7-9-1 with this season’s MLB offerings and -1.76-units.
My Everyedge OPINIONS for this afternoon is on the Seattle Mariners @ +125 on the money line with listed pitchers. I also have an opinion on the under in the first 5 innings with a total of 5 or greater, (the first 5 innings odds were not available when I sent this report along.)
For additional winning systems, selections and Tweets visit www.gregdempson.com.