By Greg Dempson
California Golden Bears vs Colorado Buffaloes
Tip time is 5:00 ET with the game being televised on FOX Sports 1 in this conference match-up. The California Bears are “Golden” at home but it’s a completely different scenario when they’re on the road. Cal is 13–0 as a host but a miserable 1–7 straight up as well as 2–6 ATS when on the road or at a neutral site.
The Golden Bears are also in search of their first PAC–12 road win and that won’t be an easy task as Colorado is a solid 11–1 straight up at home including 6–3 ATS. One of those wins was hosting Oregon, the same Ducks team that just defeated the Wildcats on the road as 7 point dogs, (83–75,) on Thursday. Cal is 0–4 straight up vs. Pac–12 foes away from home losing to Oregon by 3, Oregon State and Stanford by 6 as well as a most recent 9 point loss at Utah.
The Utes were the only team to defeat Colorado on their home court, (56–54,) in a pick ’em game. The Buffaloes are 4–1 vs. common foes outscoring those 5 by an average of 72.6 – 65.4 vs. a 1–4 record for the Golden Bears while scoring 68.4 and allowing 70.6 PPG on average.
Something will have to give as Cal leads the Pac-12 in scoring defense allowing an average of 66.8 PPG as well as leading with field goal percentage defense at 38.8%. The Buffaloes average 84.1 PPG at home.
From the Foul Line
· Colorado is the PAC–12 leader in free throw percentage at 74.1% and they are second in rebounding at +9.7.
· The past two seasons Cal is 07–20 ATS and -15.0-units after two straight games when they’ve forced an opponent to commit 11 or less turnovers.
· The past three seasons Colorado is 10–02 ATS in a home game where the total is 140 to 149.5.
· The Golden Bears are 05–17 ATS and -13.70-units off a loss against a conference rival the last three seasons.
· Colorado is on a run of 19–07 ATS when playing on Sunday.
· Cal is 03–09 ATS in the past 12 meetings.
· The Buffaloes are 11 – 04 ATS in their last 15 home contests when facing a foe with a losing record.
· Cal is 07–18–01 their last 26 contests following a straight up loss.
California vs Colorado Pick
I’m hoping for an altitude adjustment and my Every Edge Game today is on the Colorado Buffaloes at –3.0 points (-115).