By Greg Dempson
With yesterday’s win, my Every Edge record is now 17-7 this season as I attempt to cash another “W” with tonight’s selection.
Oakland swept the two game series in San Francisco and return home with some swagger as they’ve won five out of their last six games.
With a win vs. the Phillies on Friday, Jake Peavy has won three of his last four decisions. He allowed 2 runs on 7 hits through seven innings. Peavy has allowed less than 3 runs in six of his last eight starts and is 2-1 with an ERA of 2.96 in four starts vs. the Athletics, (WHIP 0.988.)with one shutout and a 2.96 ERA in four career starts.
Sean Manaea starts for Oakland tonight. He’s coming off the 15 day disabled list and this is his first appearance vs. the Giants. He is 2–2 with an ERA of 4.54 at home this season, (WHIP 1.335.)
Around the Diamonds
· The Giants are 34–13 against the money line as a favorite of -110 or higher this season.
· Oakland is 15–26 against the money line when the money line is + or –125 this season.
· San Francisco is +36.0-units against the money line vs. teams averaging 2.75 or less extra base hits per game.
· The Athletics are 4–14 against the money line in home games vs. a good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.350 or better this season.
· The Giants are 33–15 against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
· Oakland is -45.0-units against the money line when the total is 7 to 8.5 the last two seasons.
· The Giants are 17–10 vs. lefties this season.
· The Athletics are 7–14 against the money line in home games after having won 4 or 5 of their last 6 games the last two seasons.
Giants vs A’s Pick
My Every Edge selection for this evening is on the San Francisco Giants at +127 on the money line.