By Greg Dempson
In this 7:05 ET start, Gerrit Cole looks to get untracked as he’s been knocked around in his last four starts and hence, Cole has been anything but merry… as he’s allowed 23 runs, (including 8 homers,) in only 19.3 innings. Cole’s ERA in his last three starts is 11.04, WHIP of 2.249 through 14.7 innings lasting an average of 4.9 innings per start. He’s allowed 18 earned runs on 29 hits, (6 homers,) while walking 4 vs. 14 strikeouts. In his last two home starts he has given up 11 earned runs on 21 hits through 9.7 innings.
Tyler Chatwood, who has won his last three road starts, is on the mound for the Rockies. He’s allowed 2 runs on 9 hits while pitching a combined 21 innings in his last three starts. In his seven road starts this season Chatwood’s ERA is 2.53, WHIP of 0.971 through 46.3 innings averaging 6.6 innings per start while allowing 13 earned runs on 27 hits, (6 homers,) while walking 18 vs. 37 strikeouts. He has faced the Pirates once in his career, 05/21/16 as the Rockies won 5-1 with him pitching 6 innings while allowing one earned run on 6 hits walking 2 vs. 2 strikeouts.
· Chatwood is 11-04 and +11.0-units vs. the money line in road games against teams averaging 2.75 or less extra base hits per game.
· In his career Chatwood is 15-07 and +13.60-units against the money line in road games vs. teams that average 0.9 or less home runs per game.
· Chatwood is 11-05 vs. the money line in road games vs. teams whose hitters strike out 7 or more times per game the last two seasons.
· The Pirates are 22-30 and -16.30-units vs. the M/L in home games vs. catchers that allow 0.5 or less stolen bases per game the last two seasons.
· The Rockies are 24-14 and +15.70-units against the money line as an underdog of +100 or higher this season.
· Pittsburgh is 13-27 and -16.0-units against the money line in night games this season.
· Colorado is 13-04 and +10.70-units against the money line on the road when the total is 8.5 to 10 this season.
· Pirates starter Cole is 14-20 and -12.20-units against the money line in all games the last two seasons.
· In the first half of the season this season the Rockies are 41-24 and +20.0-units vs. the money line.
· The Rockies bullpen road ERA is 2.82, WHIP of 1.096, (with saves in 16 out of 19 games.)
· The Pirates bullpen has a home ERA of 3.71, WHIP of 1.262.
· Play against home teams that start a pitcher whose gives up 1 or more home runs per start who was rocked for 7 or more runs in his last outing. This system is 54-32 = 63% the past five seasons.
Everyedge.com in Review
· I’m 6-7-1 with this season’s MLB offerings and -0.71-units. Now the hoops and hockey season has concluded I will be playing and having Every Edge posting a lot more baseball.
My Everyedge.com wagered on selection for tonight is on the Colorado Rockies at +110 on the money line with listed pitchers.