By Greg Dempson
The Tampa Bay Rays send Chris Archer to the mound in the third contest of this three game series. Archer has lost five out of his last six including two in a row the most recent of which was vs. the Giants, (5–1,) at home.
He allowed 4 earned runs on 6 hits. Archer/Team is 3–5 on the road this season and his ERA is 6.75 with a WHIP of 1.790 allowing 31 earned in 41.3 innings including 10 home runs. Archer is 0–4 vs. Cleveland with an ERA of 4.91 and a WHIP of 1.682.
The Indians send Trevor Bauer to the mound. Bauer/Team is 3–2 at home and his ERA is 3.62, WHIP 1.144 through 32.2 innings while allowing 13 earned runs on 25 hits, (3 homers,) while walking 12 and striking out 31. Bauer has one start vs. Tampa Bay and that was back in 2013 and it didn’t go well as he lost 6–0 allowing 3 earned runs in 5 innings.
From the Dugout
· The Rays have dropped six in a row and sit in last place in their division. They are averaging only 3.6 RPG in their last seven games.
· The Indians are looking for their six straight win at home and they are averaging 4.7 RPG in their last seven contests.
· The Rays are 9–18 and -12.30-units vs. the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
· The Indians are 13–5 vs. the Rays in the past three seasons.
· Tampa Bay is 1–10 and -10.20-units against the money line when playing against a team winning 54% to 62% of their games this season.
· Cleveland is 9–0 and +9.10-units) against the money line in June home games this season.
· The Rays are 8–22 and -13.10-units against the money line in road games vs. teams outscoring their opposition by 0.5 or more runs per game on the last two seasons.
· Home plate umpire Ted Barrett is 16–5 favoring the home team in the last 21 games behind home plate vs. The Rays
My Every Edge Game of the Night is on the Cleveland Indians at –117 on the money line.
For additional winning information, Tweets and systems, visit www.gregdempson.com