By Greg Dempson
New Jersey Devils at Calgary Flames, 9:05 ET
I sit at 1–3–1 and -$400.00 with my hockey selections for the 2015/2015 season as my under 5 goals at –104 in the Rangers/Blues game last Thursday lost. Onto this evenings selection.
Cory Schneider gets the start in goal for the Devils and he’s been on his game of late lowering his GAA from 1.98 down to 1.56 in his last seven starts while going 5–2 with a save percentage of 94.4%. Schneider has stopped 44 of 47 shots in his past two starts vs. the Flames but losing both games at home as the Devils scored only one goal.
Karri Ramo gets the nod this evening for Calgary. Since being recalled from the AHL Ramo’s gone 4–4 with a GAA of 3.01 and a save percentage of 90.5%. Ramo has won three in a row vs. the Flames while posting a GAA of 1.64.
View From Center Ice
· The past three seasons the Devils are 12–33 to the under and +20.30-units vs. teams that allow 2.85+ goals per game.
· The Flames are 79–128 to the under and +40.70-units in home games vs. teams –that allow 2.55 or less goals per game.
· New Jersey is 01–12 to the under when on the road and playing against teams that average 2.4 or less goals per game.
· Calgary and New Jersey are 3–8 to the under in their last 11 meetings.
· The Devils are 09–23 to the under in road games after playing a game where 4 or less combined goals were scored the past two seasons.
· Since 1996 the Flames are 152–216 to the under and +47.10units to the under after back-to-back unders.
· With Monday’s traditionally being a light NHL card, I note that New Jersey is 11–29–03 to the under on Tuesday.
· Calgary is 08–22 to the under when playing against the Metropolitan division.
· After winning four out of their last five games, play Tuesday night road teams under the total. This system is 01–06 to the under this season as well as 47–99 = 68% to the under the previous five seasons. (If the road team is playing with two days rest they are 02–09 to the under this season.)
My Every Edge NHL Game of the Night is for the Devils and Flames to stay under 5 goals +104.
For additional winning information visit www.gregdempson.com.