By Greg Dempson
Winnipeg Jets at Washington Capitals
My Every Edge NHL record is 1–3–2 vs. the numbers and -$400.00 with these posted games each being a 1.0-unit selection. Onto tonight’s recommendation.
Braden Holtby stopped 33 on Monday and recorded his first shutout of the season, a 1–0 win vs. the Edmonton Oilers. Holtby has a GAA of 1.50 along with a save percentage of 94.3% in his last four games plus Holtby is 6–1–0 with a 1.42 GAA in his last seven starts . For the season Holtby’s 12–4 with a GAA of 1.88 with a save percentage of 92.6%. In his 10 home starts he sits at 8–2.
With Pavelec out due to a injury Hutchinson gets the start in goal tonight for Winnipeg. Hutchinson allowed 3 goals vs. the Avalanche on Monday in a 4–1 loss. Hutchinson is 2–3–1 with a GAA of 2.94 GAA and a save percentage of .90.2% on the road this season and this will be the first time he has faced the Capitals.
View From Center Ice
· Winnipeg has lost three straight at Washington while allowing14 goals.
· Washington is 13–4 in their last 17 as a host to the Jets as well as 7–1 in their last 8 meetings.
· Winnipeg’s 3.09 goals allowed per game ranks near the bottom in the NHL.
· In their last road trip the Jets allowed 5, 6, 7 and 3 goals.
· In the first half of the season and following a home win whereby they shutout their last opponent, (the Caps defeated the Oilers 1–0,) play on money line favorites with a winning straight up record when hosting a foe that has a losing straight up record. This system is 47–08 = 85.55 the past five seasons.
My NHL Game of the Night is on the Washington Capitals –1 goal at –103.
For additional winning information visit, www.gregdempson.com.