By Greg Dempson
Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
My Every Edge NFL record is 9 and 6 ATS, onto this week’s selection. There’s no place like home for Washington’s starting quarterback Kirk Cousins as he has now won five consecutive home games. It’s the longest home winning streak since 1991 and their starting quarterback has a completion percentage of 76% while tossing 10 touchdowns with no interceptions and a gaudy QB rating of 121.2 in those five wins.
One of the reasons for Cousins’ success is an offensive line that has kept him upright as he’s only been sacked 11 times all season and the giants defense didn’t get to him once last week. Cousins completed 20 out of 29 passes last Sunday for 302 yards.
Washington’s offensive line will have to be “on their game” as Greg Hardy leads the Cowboys with a team high 4.5 sacks.
Dallas will once again be without their starting quarterback as Romo re-injured his collarbone. Matt Cassel will get the start and he’s 0–5 this season and only 1–4 ATS. In their three road games, without Romo under center, Dallas lost 26–20 in overtime at New Orleans, 27–20 at New York vs. the Giants and 10–06 at Tampa Bay.
View From the 50 Yard Line
· Washington’s defense has held four of six opponents to 14 points or less at home this season while the Cowboys have scored a combined 46 points, (15.3 PPG,) in their three road games without Romo as their starter.
· Dallas is last in the league in the take-a-way department at –12 as they’ve forced only 7 turnovers.
· The Redskins are 5–1 straight up at home as well as 4–2 ATS this season and outscoring their opponents by an average of 8.3 points per game.
· In the second half of the season the Cowboys are 05–16 ATS away from home vs. foes that allow 350 or more yards per game.
· Washington is 8–2 ATS in their last 10 meetings vs. Dallas.
· The Cowboys are on a 3–8 ATS run this season.
· Play on all Monday night favorites following a straight up division win by 7 points or less. This system is 21–03–01 = 87.5% ATS since 1995 and when our play on favorite is –4 or more points the record is 12–02–01= 87.7% ATS since 1994.
My Every Edge NFL Game of the Week is on the Washington Redskins –4.