By Greg Dempson
It’s two lefties on the mound this evening as Cole Hamels faces CC Sabathia in this 7:05 ET start. Hamels has yet to face the Yankees as a Ranger his previous three starts were when he was pitching for the Phillies.
Hamels has a road record of 5–0 this season has a road ERA of 1.64 and a WHIP of 0.993. His ERA is a minuscule 0.87 in his last three starts, (WHIP 0.919.)
CC Sabathia has also pitched well this season, with a home ERA of 3.58, WHIP 1.409. He’s 12–5 vs. the Rangers with an ERA of 5.07, WHIP 1.493.
From the Pitcher’s Mound
· Hamels is 15–3 and +12.10-units against the money line vs. American League teams scoring 4.7 or less runs per game the last two seasons.
· The Rangers are 22–07 in Hamels’ last 27 starts.
· Hamels is 31–16 and +15.10-units against the money line in games played on a grass field the last two seasons.
· The Yankees are 6–15 against the money line vs. an American League starting pitcher whose ERA is 4.00 or better this season.
· The Rangers are 35–15 and +24.60-units against the money line vs. a very good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.250 or better this season.
· The Yankees are 10–14 vs. lefties this season averaging 3.9 runs per game while the Rangers average 5.2 RPG vs. lefties.
· Texas is 31–12 and +20.50-units vs. the money line when the money line is + or –125 this season.
· The Rangers are 3–1 in their last four on the road with Paul Nauert behind home plate and Hamels is 3–1 in his last four as well.
Rangers vs Yankees Pick
My Every Edge selection for this evening is on the Texas Rangers and when I invested on this game my M/L was –115.
For additional winning information, Tweets and systems, visit www.gregdempson.com