By Greg Dempson
Cincinnati sends Rightie Anthony DeSclafani to the mound this evening. DeSclafani is 7-2 with an ERA of 3.27 but when facing the Diamondbacks, in two starts he’s 0–2 with an ERA of 7.36, WHIP of 1.901.
Zack Godley gets the call for Arizona this evening, Godley’s ERA is 5.87 in eight starts and in his most recent three home appearances he’s seen scores of 9–8, 13–05 and 3–8 pitching a combined 18.3 innings while allowing 13 earned runs including 4 home runs. Godley faced Cincinnati earlier this season pitching 5.7 innings while allowing 5 earned on 10 hits, walking 2 and striking out 3.
- My last selection on the Reds was a winner improving my Every Edge MLB record to 33–17–01.
- Cincinnati’s bullpen has a road ERA of 4.95, WHIP of 1.556.
- Arizona’s bullpen has a home ERA of 5.26, WHIP of 1.583.
This Flight Tonight
- Godley is 6–2 to the over at home this season.
- The Reds are 35–23 to the over on the road this season.
- Arizona is 14–03 to the over at home when the M/L is –100 to –125 this season.
- Cincinnati is 11–02 to the over vs. a mediocre bullpen whose WHIP is 1.450 to 1.550.
- In the second half of the season the Diamondbacks are 24–09 to the over vs. an National League team with a batting average of .250 or worse this season.
- The Reds are 8–0 to the over in road games vs. an National League starting pitcher whose ERA is 5.70 or worse
Reds vs Diamondbacks Pick
My Every Edge selection for this evening is an opinion on the Reds and Diamondbacks to sail over 9.5 runs at –107