By Greg Dempson
Wisconsin–Milwaukee at Oakland
The Wisconsin–Milwaukee Panthers travel to Rochester to tangle with the Oakland Golden Grizzlies with a tip time slated for 7:00 ET. The Panthers are 6–4 in true road games, (3–2) at neutral sites. The Panthers are 3–7 ATS in conference games this season and ranked 89 for offensive field goal percentage at 45.3% while attempting 56.6 shots per game. The Panthers shooting percentages include 76.7% from the free throw line and 35.8% from beyond the arc this season.
The Golden Grizzlies are ranked 77th for offensive field goal percentage at 45.7% while attempting 62.9 shots per game. Oakland’s shooting percentages include 76.8% from the free throw line and 39.2% from beyond the arc this season. Oakland is also 8–3 ATS in conference contests this season.
This is the third of five road games for the Panthers while the Golden Grizzlies return home off three consecutive road wins, (2–0–1 ATS.) Oakland has also won 8 out of their last 9 plus when comparing each teams’ record vs. common opponents this season I note the Panthers are 3–6 ATS while the Golden Grizzlies are 7–3 ATS.
At the Foul Line
· Oakland is 26–07 ATS and +18.30-units when off 3 straight wins against conference rivals.
· The Panthers are 1–12 ATS after playing two consecutive road games.
· The Golden Grizzlies are 15–04 ATS in all games this season.
· Wisconsin–Milwaukee is 4–14 ATS off a road loss the last 3 seasons as well as 0–7 ATS when off two or more consecutive road losses.
· Oakland is 20–08 ATS when the total is 160 or greater as well as 20–08 ATS vs. conference foes the past three seasons.
· The Panthers are 02–12 ATS vs. good 3 point shooting teams, (that make 37% or more) of their attempts in the last two seasons.
· From game 16 out Oakland is 23–07 ATS and +15.30-units vs. excellent ball handling teams that commit 12 or less turnovers per game.
· From game 16 out, play against all road teams in a game involving two good shooting teams, averaging between 45-47.5%, when they’re a hot shooting team with three straight games where they’ve made 47% or more of their shots. This system is 37 – 14 = 72.5% ATS the past five seasons.
Wisconsin–Milwaukee at Oakland Pick
My Every Edge game for this evening is on the Oakland Golden Grizzlies at –6 points.